Title: Investment Associate
Location: San Francisco or Washington DC
Start Timing: ASAP
Reach Capital Overview
Reach Capital is the leading early-stage edtech fund investing in the future of education. We are committed to supporting the growth of the edtech ecosystem and excited to fund and work in service of the most impactful startups and entrepreneurs in education.
As the most active early-stage edtech investor in the US, we have invested in and helped grow over 60 leading edtech companies including Outschool, Epic!, Lovevery, Handshake, and Nearpod. The companies we invest in are shaping the future of education from Early Childhood and K-12 to Higher Education and Workforce Development.
We are looking for an exceptional Investment Associate to join our team. This Associate will help us identify, evaluate, and win opportunities to invest in the best edtech startups, and to support them as they grow. The Investment Associate will play an integral role in our rigorous diligence process and be our “eyes and ears” to surface new investment areas and opportunities.
The primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Portfolio work: Identify opportunities and take lead on initiatives that support the success of our companies, such as potential business development partnerships, new hire introductions, sales leads, and fundraising support
- Sourcing : Proactively identify new investment opportunities, connect with promising companies, qualify inbound leads by analyzing company-provided information and meeting with entrepreneurs, and conduct research on markets including creating market maps.
- Deal diligence : Evaluate new investment opportunities through qualitative and quantitative analysis such as market research, product reviews, metrics analysis, and user feedback. Draft investment memoranda for recommendation of investments
- Organization building: Help build and optimize the systems and provide insights supporting our work, including building financial models, decks, and other materials to support internal tasks like CRM management, metrics benchmarking analysis, investor relations, and fundraising efforts.
- Ecosystem building: Actively contribute to the edtech community by organizing programs, participating in events, and looking for ways to help the Reach team build a stronger edtech ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Passion for edtech and a desire to use technology as an enabler and catalyst to improve access to opportunity through education
- 2–5 years of relevant work experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or a startup/technology business
- Work experience in edtech a plus
- Track record of strong analytical skills combined with outstanding oral and written communication to deliver strategic insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills: the Associate will meet with entrepreneurs, co-investors, and other members of the startup community on a regular basis
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic, collaborative work environment with little structure or guidance
- Superb attention to detail
- Preferably located in or willing to relocate to the SF Bay Area or Washington DC area
The Reach team is a hands-on team of doers. It’s very important to us that you believe in our mission, find a genuine joy in serving others, and are willing to roll-up sleeves and proactively jump in in any task necessary to advance the collective effort of the team. Our team operates based on the following values:
- Strong Relationships are at the core of our work
- Work in Service of our Founders
- Be Direct but Empathetic
- Express Gratitude Daily
- Embrace Humility
- Act Quickly
- Never Stop Learning
We will review applications on a rolling basis until Thursday, December 31st, 2020.
Reach Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.